CAREERS & VACANCIES
If you would like to be part of a dynamic, growing organization please submit your Resume below:
QC Technician(CWI and NACE Level I)
Responsible for overseeing the quality assurance/quality control for blasting and painting activities, pre-welding inspections, including reviews of: documentation, equipment, bolting, painting, materials and preparations. Monitors the welding process, conducts post-welding reviews and oversees repairs and corrective actions as appropriate. Candidates may also prepare related procedures, assemble work packs, compile turnover dossier, conduct weld mapping, field and material inspection. This position involves shift work, and candidates must be able to work day or night.
Suitable candidates must possess:
• A Technician’s diploma in MEET or equivalent
• Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
• NACE Level I or II
• A minimum of five (5) years experience in a QA/QC environment.
• Competent in Microsoft Office suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Must be able to make field sketches.
• Must be able to check flanges, bolts and gaskets
• Must be familiar with industry Code of Construct
• Must be able to read piping and instrumentation diagrams (P & ID’s)
• Valid UKOOA/OGUK Medical and PLEA Certificates
• Valid Confined Space Training and Certification
Applicants who possess one or more of the following would be considered preferred candidates:
• ASNT-TC-1A Level I - VT, PT, MT, UT & RT
• Radiographic Film Interpretation API-570 / API-653 / API-510 / API-571
• ASQ – Certified Quality Inspector or Certified Quality Technician or Certified Quality Engineer; or equivalent Formal training and/or proficiency (demonstrated, certified or acceptable reference to the required standard) in Quality Assurance and/or Internal Auditing to the ISO 9001:2015.
ENGINEER - PROJECT/ESTIMATING
The Engineer may function in the capacity of Project Engineer and/or Estimator.
As Project Engineer the incumbent is responsible for assisting the Engineering Manager in executing projects in accordance with the planned schedule and defined project scope or in estimating, engineering or operating functions in order to achieve the organizations’ stated goals and objectives.
As Estimator the Engineer is responsible for accurately calculating the total costs associated with a project and determining the cost of the product and/or service that will be provided, in accordance with the planned schedule and project scope, with defined HSE and quality criteria
The Engineer must communicate/interact effectively with Client representatives and sub-contractors, support Project Managers in project execution, troubleshoot technical and engineering problems, assist in developing and implementing practical solutions in accordance with Client requirements, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), safety and quality standards, contractual, codes, statutory/regulatory requirements and specifications.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Conduct site visits/walk downs as required and assist/participate in review of Client documentation for compliance with specifications.
2. Assist the Project Manager in developing the Project Execution Plan, technical work procedures and method statements for projects.
3. As required, function in the capacity of the main technical advisor on project site(s) for sub-contractors and craft personnel; as well as act as direct liaison between home office and the site.
4. Coordinate as required technical issues and project interfaces to ensure effective and efficient operation and control.
5. Coordinate the preparation of project schedule, cash flow projection and project ‘S’ curve throughout the life of the project and prepare updates with comparison with actual versus projected with schedule updates and analysis.
6. Assist in trouble shooting and provide recommendations for solutions for technical problems encountered.
1. Actively participate in the processing of various tenders, reviewing and completing the bid forms to ensure that they are within the given specifications.
2. Prepare work to be estimated as well as budgets for labour, material and time requirements by gathering/studying proposals, blueprints, specifications, and related documents.
3. Visit potential sites, to take measurements, record data and estimate the quantity of labour, materials, equipment, tools and consumables needed and determine the final cost of development.
4. Conceptualize layouts for scope of works and review all estimates before they are submitted.
KEY COMPETENCIES/ REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE
• Strong command of MS Projects and/ or Primavera software.
• Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and databases.
• Knowledgeable in the use and application of engineering codes, standards and regulations that govern the design and construction of storage tanks, pressure vessels, structural steelwork, piping system and foundation.
• Sound knowledge in key construction codes and standards (API STD 650 / API STD 653; ACI 318; ASME B31.3; B31.4 and B31.8).
• Basic knowledge on the use of ASME Section II (Materials) and on the ASTM set of standards for testing of materials. Ability to read and interpret drawings, develop isometrics and quantify materials and quantities.
• Knowledge and understanding of the activities required for project close out for successful project completion.
• Knowledge and understanding of piping, structural and welding processes and its production output.
• Understanding of earned value measurements.
• Working knowledge of relevant regulatory requirements, construction codes and specifications with respect to structural steel, storage tanks and process piping and ISO 9001 Standards would be considered an asset.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• B.Sc. Engineering (Mechanical, Industrial, Civil, Integrated).
• Professional Certification in Project Management.
• Demonstrated competence and/or competencies normally acquired over a minimum of five (5) years experience in the oil and gas/construction industry or fifteen (15) years relevant experience as a Senior Technician in oil and gas/construction industry.
• A minimum of two (2) years experience in an estimating role/function.
• Training and demonstrated competency or certification in Draughting or Technical Drawing.